Sunday, December 15, 2013

Brenna Speak


Of course, I feel I need to post a Brenna picture too!  Although she has not made her own version of any Christmas songs yet, Brenna continues to crack us up with the things she does make up!  For example, calling Riley her "mommy" and asking her for help with things instead of me!  Also, she frequently insists on being called "Elmo."  Riley is usually Elmo's friend "Meghan" (not sure where that came from), I am Snuffy, John is Telly, and Maisy is Cookie Monster!  She will only refer to us by those names.  Sometimes Riley is "Elmo's mommy."

I also love her adorable pronunciation of certain words.  I still remember being sad when Riley would start to say words correctly!  I want to write down as many as possible with Brenna so we don't forget.  I think my favorite right now is how she says "Happy Burs-day" (especially cute when being sung!) and how she says "dayad" instead of "dad."  She is sitting watching a movie right now. Maisy came over and she said "Aw!  Maisy wants to watch wiss us!" She also likes to ask if she can wear a "skuut" (skirt) and "shuut" (shirt).  Riley told her that she was going to write her a note and she said "Aw! Sanks Riley!"  She also likes to say "Mama, will you read me anuzzer book?" at nighttime.  While she can now correctly pronounce "here ya go," she used to say "hee-lah-go" and we still sometimes say it that way. :)  There are more that I am probably forgetting and I will hopefully remember to write them down if I think of them!  But for now I am happy to have the chance to document these precious little pronunciations that we love.

As I am writing this I am reminded of when Riley used to say "salaping dressing" instead of salad dressing.  We also still say that sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment